|Print Press Release|
20 THINGS TO DO NEAR BEACH HOUSE HOTEL-HALF MOON BAY
1. Enjoy the Beach House Spa Services for a Couple’s Massage or other relaxing treatment. 650.712.3327
2. Stroll Historic Main Street and visit the boutiques, restaurants, bakeries and cafes.
3. Visit the local Flower Market at Main St. and Kelly Ave. every third Saturday. May - September.
4. Enjoy live concerts of principally jazz, classical and world music at the Bach Dancing and Dynamite Society in Miramar Beach. 650.726.4143
5. Take a drive and visit two world famous lighthouses- Pigeon Point Lighthouse, 20 miles south of Half Moon Bay and Point Montara Lighthouse, three miles north of the hotel.
6. Start a family tradition by visiting Half Moon Bay for our famous Pumpkin Festival in October or the Night of Lights on Main Street in December as well as the Annual Holiday Boat Parade in Pillar Point Harbor.
7. Fitzgerald Marine Reserve, accessed from Moss Beach, is a great place for tide pool exploration. 650.728.3584
8. From fine oils to photography, local galleries offer something for everyone.
9. Visit Pillar Point Harbor for the fresh catch of the day right off of the boat including seasonal crab, salmon and halibut.
10. Visit Año Nuevo State Reserve to watch the elephant seals in their natural habitat from December - March. Reservations required. 650.879.0227
11. Discover the Pescadero tradition of visiting Phipp's Ranch featuring over 100 varieties of organic veggies, plants and herbs as well as Harley Farms Goat Dairy featuring an edible flower garden and tours of their cheese making room.
12. Enjoy a local ecofriendly bike tour of the coast with Coastal Elegance Tours. 650.712.845613. Visit La Nebbia Winery and their tasting room near downtown Half Moon Bay. 650.726.9463
14. Take advantage of the fresh local produce available at the Coastside Farmer's Market located in downtown Half Moon Bay. Every Saturday. May - November. 650.726.4895
15. Tee off at Half Moon Bay Golf Links, featuring two award winning 18-hole championship golf courses overlooking the Pacific Ocean. 650.726.4438
16. Choose from our many unique Coastside Eco-Cultural Tourism businesses to specifically tailor an experience that fulfills your desires and interests. Advanced reservations are required.
17. Enjoy the Annual Pacific Coast Dream Machines Show every spring on the last weekend of April. A spectacular showcase of 2,000 magnificent machines running the gamut from super cool cars, custom motorcycles and one-of-a-kind woodie busses to tricked-out trucks, antique engines and tractors and historic military aircraft are among the mesmerizing displays.
18. See the Big Kahunas at Maverick's famous big wave surf break. December - March. Or explore the break with HMB Kayak. 650-773-6101
19. Enjoy Deep Sea Fishing right out of Pillar Point Harbor. A variety of charter boats are available based on seasonality.
20. Watch the migration of the California Gray Whales from December - April as they make their journey to the Baja Peninsula. Whale watching tours available from Pillar Point Harbor.
# # #