20 Things to Do Near the Beach House Hotel Half Moon Bay
Download as PDF
- Let us help remind you of the one good reason you came to the beach... to relax. Luxuriate by experiencing one of our rejuvenating Spa Services. Please call 650.712.3327
- Take a drive and visit two world famous lighthouses-Pigeon Point Lighthouse, 20 miles south of Half Moon Bay, and Point Montara Lighthouse, three miles north of the hotel.
- Stroll Historic Main Street and visit the boutiques, restaurants, bakeries and cafes.
- Beach House is located on the 6-mile Coastside Trail that extends into Half Moon Bay. Hike, walk or bike along the dramatic ocean bluffs. Bike rentals available at Bike Works. 650.726.6708
- Enjoy live concerts of principally jazz, classical and world music at the Bach Dancing and Dynamite Society in Miramar Beach. 650.726.4143
- Mountain bike or hike the Montara Mountain Trail. Hike Purissima Creek Trail through the majestic redwood groves to the year-round creek at the Purissima Redwood Preserve.
- Fitzgerald Marine Reserve, accessed from Moss Beach, is a great place for tide pool exploration. 650.728.3584
- Start a family tradition by visiting Half Moon Bay for our famous Pumpkin Festival in October or the Night of Lights on Main Street in December.
- Discover the world of Sea Kayaking or Stand up Paddle boarding at Half Moon Bay Kayak Company. Just a five minute walk from the hotel offering beginner courses in the protected harbor. 650.773.6101
- Half Moon Bay Glass Blowing: Learn to work with hot molten glass and make your own glass pumpkin, heart or paperweight. Located on Hwy 92 at the La Nebbia Winery. 650.283.5626
- Horseback riding on the Beach. Enjoy rides from one to two hours. Rides go from the Coastal equestrian trail down to the beach. 650.726.2362
- From fine oils to photography, local galleries offer something for everyone.
- Visit Pillar Point Harbor for the fresh catch of the day right off of the boat, including seasonal crab, salmon and halibut.
- Visit Año Nuevo State Reserve to watch the elephant seals in their natural habitat from December-March. Reservations required. 650.879.0227
- Discover the Pescadero tradition of visiting Phipp's Ranch featuring over 100 varieties of organic veggies, plants and herbs as well as Harley Farms Goat Dairy featuring an edible flower garden and tours of their cheese making room.
- Bird Watching. Half Moon Bay has wetland and natural preserves that create an inviting environment for more than 200 species of birds. Two perfect locations are the Pillar Point Marsh and the Pescadero Marsh Natural Preserve.
- See the Big Kahunas surf at Maverick's famous big wave surf break. December - March.
- Visit La Nebbia Winery and their tasting room near downtown Half Moon Bay. 650.726.9463
- Take advantage of the fresh local produce available at the Coastside Farmers Market located within a ten minute walk from the hotel. Every Sunday at the Harbor Village. May-November.
- Tee off at Half Moon Bay Golf Links, featuring two award winning 18-hole championship golf courses overlooking the Pacific Ocean. 650.726.4438